Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Alternative Careers

 (via NYT)

Last week, my Architect Magazine came in the mail. I try to be a good subscriber and read the whole thing, but I usually just flip through and forget about it until the next one arrives...oops. 

However, this time I was stopped by this article about an architect who was forced to find an alternative career as a chocolate-truffle maker due to the bleak economy. Now, it probably stopped me because I'm unemployed and currently being repeatedly smacked in the face by that economy, but it made me wonder what MY alternative career would (or should) be?

I really enjoy cooking and crafts, but I don't know if I'm good (read:ambitious) enough to make a living off of those things. I'm so inspired (and jealous) of the people who strike out and make a living doing what they love - I just would have no idea where to start? 

I've always said that my dream job would be Samantha Brown's. Seriously, how did she land that gig?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment